Wherever I May Roam

Off the beaten path I reign

Rover, wanderer

Nomad, vagabond

Call me what you will

James Hetfield

Alice in Chains

Alice in Chains
Backstage with the band

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Estrella Mountain Competitive Track


Yesterday I ran/hiked the 12 mile competitive track at Estrella Mountain in preparation for next weekend's Xterra Trail Race. There will be a 20K and an 8K Sunday the 3rd of October and this is just the first event of the series to be held here in the valley. January 2011 there is a 19K at the White Tank Mountains and a 15 miler in February at the McDowell Mountains. After scouting the course I'm only going to run the 8K next weekend as I'm training for the Phoenix Rock'n'Roll Marathon in January and don't want to over-do-it too early in the season. There are two loops at the Estrella Track. The Long Loop is 8 miles of hilly single track. The Technical Loop is 5 miles of challenging single track marked for experts only. The 20K marries both trails into a 20K race. The 8K portion is the Technical Loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment