Wherever I May Roam

Off the beaten path I reign

Rover, wanderer

Nomad, vagabond

Call me what you will

James Hetfield

Alice in Chains

Alice in Chains
Backstage with the band

Monday, October 4, 2010

Xterra = Blood, Sweat & Tears

The Xterra Trail Racing series kicked off in Phoenix this weekend with a race in the Estrella Mountains. Although the temperature was still in the 90s by mid race it was a great run! The Estrella course was fairly difficult in that it is very rocky with quite a few moderate hill cilmbs. Numerous runners bit the dust, literally, and came across the finish line covered in dirt and/or blood. About 3/4 of a mile from the finish I heard a woman's blood curdling yell behind me and then a few runners saw me down the trail and called for me to come back within range. I was told she had broken her ankle and needed help so I sprinted to the finish and sent medical help back up the trail. For most of us it was a fantastic Sunday and I look forward to the next race in the series. Fortunately for me I only shed some precious sweat this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment